Lately, our Saturday tradition is to eat breakfast at Chick-fil-A and then go to the Pepper Place farmers' market. Today we did just that. Ben and I both had some Chicken Minis and then headed to Pepper Place. We only got new potatoes and cucumbers this trip. Ben has been making pickles with the cucumbers. They're delicious, I'm told (I don't eat pickles). Tonight we're trying a Cajun thing with the potatoes. One of our favorite lunch date restaurants is Courtney's. It's close to UAB, and they serve meat and three type meals. Lately, I have been getting their roasted new potatoes and they are delicious! They're covered in a Cajun rub, and I hope we can replicate them tonight. We did get one other thing at the market...a piece of strawberry cake from Ashley Mac's. It cost $4 for one big slice, but it was so worth it! They use 1 lb. total of strawberries in the cake and the icing. Yummy!
We took a detour on the way home and visited Avondale Park. It has a beautiful pond with fish, turtles, ducks, and geese. Today we saw a mama duck with lots and lots of fuzzy yellow ducklings. Too bad Sipsey isn't old enough to care yet.
We took a detour on the way home and visited Avondale Park. It has a beautiful pond with fish, turtles, ducks, and geese. Today we saw a mama duck with lots and lots of fuzzy yellow ducklings. Too bad Sipsey isn't old enough to care yet.


9 comments:
The new background looks great and now I'm hungry from all your talk about cajun potatoes and STRAWBERRY CAKE!! YUMMO!
I like the new blog!
what a fun day! love the new blog
It all sounds like fun to me! I wish we had something like that to do on Saturday mornings. Sipsey looks like she has grown to me! Hope to see ya'll soon!!!
How cute! Sounds like a fun day. We definetly don't have farmers markets around here! As I am sure Ben remembers from coming to this area, if you want it fresh, you've gotta grow it in your yard! Thank goodness for grandparents with gardens! Sispey has the most GORGEOUS eyes! She and Simms have to get together soon!
loved seeing yall for a minute yesterday and I love that sweet baby girl! She is getting so big!
That does sounds like a perfect Saturday!! You and Sipsey have the same color hair in that pic.
I like that little thing you are carrying Sispey around in. Is that easier than a stroller? I am imagining so. I can't believe she has teeth.
lauren-
That market is great isn't it?!! I got your sweet note in the mail yesterday...thank-you.
Post a Comment