Thursday night we took Sipsey to her first baseball game! The Birmingham Barons played the Mississippi Braves. It was hard to choose which team to root for (growing up loving the Atlanta Braves) but in the end we chose the Barons! The School of Public Health had a "social" there, so I got in for free. It was Thirsty Thursday, so beers were $1 (I didn't partake) and a basket of wings was $2. We never go anywhere with Sipsey so I didn't know how it would go, but she was great! She was the center of attention and was passed around all night. I fed her baby food in the stands and we nursed in the car before going inside. You should've seen how much stuff I'd packed in her diaper bag...4 jars of baby food (just in case), spoons, teething toys, burp cloths, a bottle (just in case), bibs, diapers, wipes, an extra outfit, a camera, my wallet, cellphone, keys, changing pad, and probably a whole lot more. I felt like Mary Poppins! We could've lived for days on the contents of that bag! Sipsey was pooped from all the attention and it was way past her bedtime, so she zonked out in my arms and stayed that way through all the yelling, whistling, booing and general hootin' and a hollerin'. The only bad part of the night was having to leave the game early to get home at a decent time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Have fun with one! It is a big game of chase freaking out with two. Glad to see all is well. How is your mother and sister? Tell them I said helloo.
dont you love when a baby falls asleep in your arms?
She's growing up!! And is beautiful! I feel your pain about the diaper bag. I thought a back pack in school used to be heavy, but it is a small comparison to a diaper bag. And, though easier said than done, getting everyone together would be so worth it!!
Just proves she is a little social butterfly...and loves a good time. Wonder who she got that from? No surprise to me that it went great!
I love going to the MS Braves games, its so much fun! Glad she loved it!
Lauren
I got Miller's Toy chest at Market. However it is by Art for kids. They have amazing furniture for kids. Google Art for Kids furniture and I know you will get some results!!!
Lauren
I just remembered that I saw it at Bellini in Homewood first. check with her she sells some Art for kids.
Mallory
Post a Comment