Thursday, July 31, 2008

Puffs

I decided to start Sipsey on some table food recently and bought Gerber puffs to try them out. Puffs are little cracker-like snacks that basically melt in the baby's mouth and help her learn to chew food. They have been giving her little pieces of crackers at daycare, so I thought she would be used to this. I was wrong. She made the funniest faces, but LOVED the puffs. I had to put them in her mouth at first, but then she realized she could do it herself. The problem is, puffs stick to wet hands so Sipsey would grab them and they would stick to her palm, and she couldn't figure out how to get them out! At one point, I walked into the kitchen for a second and when I came back, the two puffs on her tray had disappeared. After prying open her little fist, I found them!

I just looked up puffs, and they are actually for babies who can use their thumbs and first fingers to put food in their mouths. Oh well. She'll learn. She's actually doing it in one of the pictures, but she's still not a pro.







Also, Sipsey is trying to crawl, but she just hasn't gotten the hang of it yet. Getting on all fours is as far as she can go. There are two girls in Sipsey's class at daycare who were born the day before and same day as her. One of them is crawling all over the place and pulling up in her crib! I could not believe it! They don't look like babies anymore when they are standing in their crib! The other little girl will be crawling any day now. Sipsey is still really small compared to them, if that has anything to do with it. I'm trying my best to fatten her up. Maybe she'll catch up soon!


4 comments:

thebarronfam said...

We still love puffs! They can buy you some extra shopping time too!

Abby Euten said...

The puffs "stuck" to Ella's hands too, but she loved them. They pick up on those things so quickly.

Denise said...

Looks like a girl almost on the move to me. Oh how crawling will change your life...

Donna Lewis said...

She is so ADORABLE!! She will be walking before I get to see her again. She sure looks like she could crawl any minute. You better watch out! You will be on your toes even more. It is so much fun to watch all the new stages they go through. I hope to see ya'll soon. Give her a kiss for me.

Love ya'll!
Aunt Donna