Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

I guess I should publish my Christmas posts before it's 2011! That may or may not happen, but I'll at least complete this one about our Christmas Eve. We went to the children's service at my home church for the second year in a row. Sipsey was much more into it this year. All the children choose a character to play while someone retells the Christmas story. Sipsey chose a cow, and there were also camels, donkeys, angels, wisemen, etc. When the child's specific character is mentioned in the story, all the children who chose that character go to the front of the church. I was afraid Sipsey wouldn't go through with it since it was a foreign place to her, but she ran right to the front all by herself!


christmaseve2010_1
Before the service. What a stinker!


christmaseve2010_2


christmaseve2010_3
She makes nice faces when sitting with her daddy.


christmaseve2010_4
I have always loved this Christmas tree (or I guess it's technically a Chrismon tree).


christmaseve2010_5
There she goes all by herself!


christmaseve2010_6
She wouldn't find a seat and just stood there watching "Andy" tell the Christmas story.


christmaseve2010_7
Finally after all the characters made their way to the front, Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus made their appearance in the story!


christmaseve2010_8
We had Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's with my sister and her family. Sipsey's cousin Mark is all smiles all the time.


christmaseve2010_9
Sipsey, on the other hand, has her moments.


christmaseve2010_10
Mark and his Sweet P


christmaseve2010_11
He loves giving kisses.


Stay tuned to see if Santa came to visit the crying girl. She may or may not have had a spanking to finally convince her to go to bed on Christmas Eve.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I just love Sipsey's little faces! The children's service sounds really neat! We had our Christmas service on Wednesday night, and I'm kind of glad. Christmas Eve gets really hectic. As far as the spanking, I remember a battle with Matthew one Christmas Eve over taking his cough medicine...it was not pretty, and didn't end well...

Denise said...

Looks like a great Christmas Eve. I hope y'all enjoyed it and Santa was good to Sipsey delivering babies of course. I will not be getting my Christmas up before 2011...obviously!