Like every year before her birthday, I can't believe I will soon have a 4 year old! Sipsey as a three year old is much like a 13 year old: backtalk, yelling, mood swings, door slamming, and I've even gotten an "I don't love you!" I would not trade it for anything, but sometimes I wonder what we're in for in 10 years! She is sweet 90% of the time. We are all learning how to be patient and understanding and how to bite our tongues. I'm sure Wheeler being thrown into her world induced some of this behavior, but we are all adjusting to the new little life in the family! I want to document some of the little things about Sipsey as a 3 year old before she turns 4.
She is brilliant! Ok, I'm a little biased, but she can spell and write her name (her S looks like a 3 but she is getting better and I don't correct her). She can write most of her letters and loves to write words when we tell her the letters that come next. She came to me yesterday with her Magna Doodle and had drawn a dinosaur footprint and the letter "F" next to the foot because "foot starts with F, Mommy!" We watch "Wheel of Fortune" every night together (we call it "The Letter Show") and it helps her learn letters too. I've even caught her writing letters and her name in the air with her finger!
She loves to write "letters" to her friends. If I actually mailed all the artwork she put in envelopes, I'd be broke! She loves to stuff the envelopes with all kinds of artwork and trinkets, add a return address label and write the recipients name on the front. I see 5 sealed envelopes on the coffee table right now with loose change and who knows what else inside. She knows where we keep the office supplies and helps herself when she feels the need to send a letter to someone.
She has crazy problems with seams in her socks and clothes. This is another blog for another day because it is intense and insane.
She no longer takes a nap. She gave it up this summer. We were having a really hard time getting her to go to bed and STAY in bed on days that she took a nap. So I cut it out and now she goes to bed at 7:30 and does not get out until 7AM (closer to 6 with the time change. Grrrrr.). She would love a nap if I'd let her, but we were tired of fighting with her every single night. When I pick her up from school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I immediately check her daily sheet to see if she napped. Usually, it just says "I was quiet" but if it says "I slept," I know we're in for a long night!
She loves to help: in the car when Wheeler needs his paci or when his sunshade needs moving, putting clothes in the washer and in the dryer, adding ingredients when we are cooking dinner, and she loves baking cookies and brownies. Now if I can just figure out how to get her to pick up after herself, we'll be in business.
She is brilliant! Ok, I'm a little biased, but she can spell and write her name (her S looks like a 3 but she is getting better and I don't correct her). She can write most of her letters and loves to write words when we tell her the letters that come next. She came to me yesterday with her Magna Doodle and had drawn a dinosaur footprint and the letter "F" next to the foot because "foot starts with F, Mommy!" We watch "Wheel of Fortune" every night together (we call it "The Letter Show") and it helps her learn letters too. I've even caught her writing letters and her name in the air with her finger!
She loves to write "letters" to her friends. If I actually mailed all the artwork she put in envelopes, I'd be broke! She loves to stuff the envelopes with all kinds of artwork and trinkets, add a return address label and write the recipients name on the front. I see 5 sealed envelopes on the coffee table right now with loose change and who knows what else inside. She knows where we keep the office supplies and helps herself when she feels the need to send a letter to someone.
She has crazy problems with seams in her socks and clothes. This is another blog for another day because it is intense and insane.
She no longer takes a nap. She gave it up this summer. We were having a really hard time getting her to go to bed and STAY in bed on days that she took a nap. So I cut it out and now she goes to bed at 7:30 and does not get out until 7AM (closer to 6 with the time change. Grrrrr.). She would love a nap if I'd let her, but we were tired of fighting with her every single night. When I pick her up from school on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I immediately check her daily sheet to see if she napped. Usually, it just says "I was quiet" but if it says "I slept," I know we're in for a long night!
She loves to help: in the car when Wheeler needs his paci or when his sunshade needs moving, putting clothes in the washer and in the dryer, adding ingredients when we are cooking dinner, and she loves baking cookies and brownies. Now if I can just figure out how to get her to pick up after herself, we'll be in business.
Playing with Brother when he was just a few weeks old

We need a recording that says "Get out of his face!" We say it at least 472 times a day.

Ben's dad brought us a surprise when he came to see Wheeler. Don't you love the set-up?

She's a pro at funny faces (blurry ones)

And pretty faces

Aunt Laura sent a cool bubble maker and Sipsey used all the bubble solution in one sitting.

She wore these red shoes all summer because they did not require socks.

Sassy Dorothy

Sweet Dorothy



2 comments:
Oh my how our girls sound so much alike. Simms slammed the door the other day during a fit and my mom just looked at me wide eyed! You are right-lots of patience needed! And how could she NOT be brilliant? They are both precious!
i mean i think being 4 must be a glimpse into our "teenage" futures. msn can be sassy, huffy and emotional...shay is scared already and i am feeling unprepared. sips is the best at some silly faces.
Post a Comment