Monday, April 6, 2009

15 month checkup

Sipsey's 15 month checkup went pretty well, minus the tantrum she threw when the doc put her on the floor to watch her walk. Our regular doc is on maternity leave, so I'm hoping she only acted like that because it was a new face! The good news is that we no longer have to give her the iron supplement! The doctor said that her blood count is well back into the normal range and we can discontinue the drops when we finish the bottle we have. That stuff is so nasty, we haven't given her one more drop since the doctor's appointment! They didn't write down her stats for me, but I can remember about what they were and I looked up the percentiles myself: 21.5 lbs (~25th percentile) and 31.5 inches long (~75th percentile).

Here are few things about Sipsey at 15 months that I don't want to forget:
  • She LOVES outside. She wants to be outside every waking moment of the day. She goes to the front and the back door and tries to turn the doorknob.
  • She naps on a cot at daycare in her new room and surprisingly loves it. She even lies on her new nap mat at home when I have it out in the den.
  • She loves giving kisses. Big puckered up, loud smacking kisses. On the lips and the cheeks are her specialty.
  • She loves Banjo and chases him around and tries to pick him up and carry him around with her.
  • She loves to wave and say "hey" to everyone, including strangers at restaurants. We say she is "working the crowd." She tries to share her food with the nearest tables too.
  • She can say hey, bye, mama, dada, night night, kitty, and Sipsey, just to name a few (the last two are not clear at all but she is actually trying).
  • When airplanes fly over our house, she points to the sky and makes the noise of the airplane, whether we are inside or outside.
  • She blows on her food when I tell her it's hot.
  • She takes her shoes and socks off the second she is in her carseat.
  • She hates being confined in her carseat and whines and tugs at the straps.
  • She still won't wear bows, but we are working on it.
  • She wears a size 4 shoe and wears 12 month clothes. 18 month fits too, but some 18 month pieces are huge!


This is how happy Sipsey is when she goes outside. She RUNS across our back deck. I'm terrified she won't stop in time before she gets to the stairs.


This was at 8:00 am right before leaving for daycare. It's WAY too early for me to be that happy!


Sipsey loves Banjo. He is so nice to let her love on him.


Can you see what's wrong with this picture?


Happy Easter! I got tired of wreaths.

8 comments:

Jillian and Matt said...

Lauren she is so unbelievably CUTE!!! I mean, I know we say that all the time about people's kids but she REALLY is super duper cute. I love how excited your mom looked in the hair cut pictures...tell her I said hello and that I am calling her next time I go through Dothan (maybe August). Hope all is well with you all! :)

-Jill Scott

Lydia said...

Well, great minds think alike! I posted an almost identical post about Jacob's 15 mos. checkup earlier today! It is so fun to see what another child the same age is doing! Jacob has barely any vocabulary...just mama, dada, and sometimes gra-gra da-da (Granddaddy-my dad)! I am impressed that Sipsey is trying to say her name. So CUTE! Jacob is the same as her about the carseat. He squeals and yells until he gets his shoes off and the socks immediately follow. Wish we could get these two together to play sometime!! Are you going home for Easter?

Hillarie said...

I _love_ that picture of her with Banjo!

ml said...

Oh, she is so precious! If you want me to make you some bows for her to practice wearing, I would be more than happy to!

The Jernigan's said...

I love the one with Sipsey and Banjo!! She is soooooooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

She is soooo cute! what a social butterfly!! I am so impressed with your cat!!

Melissa said...

What a doll! She is such a cutie! Sounds like she and Luke are doing pretty much the exact same things these days. He only says "mama" though, but Matthew was a little later talking too. Luke pulls off his shoes and socks all the time too! We actually lost a pair of socks in a store the other day, because he pulled them off without us realizing it right then! We get lots of "extras" in our Busy Ball Popper too! The paci goes in there quite a bit!

Melissa said...

Oh, your cat is gorgeous!