Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Question for the Dothanites

I am trying to plan Sipsey's birthday in Dothan for the Saturday after Christmas. Where is a good place to get a CUTE cake? I could get one up here in Bham and freeze it until the party but I don't want it to taste bad. Any suggestions? Also, should I do a small cake just for Sipsey to dig into and another cake for the guests or cupcakes for the guests or what?

Also, I'll need party supplies, like balloons and whatever else you have at a first birthday party. I have no idea what to do so I need some ideas. There's a Party City in Dothan (I think?) but their stuff can be cheesey. What about Loftin's? Do they have good stuff for a 1st bday party? I'll be trying to do all this in the days leading up to Christmas, so wherever I go needs to be OPEN the days before and possibly after Christmas. Why did I have a baby in December? Oh yeah, I didn't get to choose.

Any and all comments are appreciated. I don't care who you are. You can be anonymous for all I care. I'm trying to take finals, be in a destination wedding, plan a birthday party, plan for Christmas, and work to afford all this in the next 3 weeks so I need help!


And we all want Sipsey to look like this at her party



And not like this, right?


6 comments:

Denise said...

You must get Sipsey her own little cake for her first birtdhay. It is the funniest thing and I am a big fan of it. Also I will ask Mitzi about cakes, I think she got one that was really cute not too long ago. Also I am so excited y'all are going to be in Dothan some in December. Can we PLEASE get together and play one day???? PLEASE!

Anonymous said...

There are several places you can get cute cakes here, but not sure where! I would look for 1st b'day supplies in birmingham, much better selection there! I Love the pictures of Sipsey and I hope she is like the first picture too!

Lydia said...

I was going to suggest "Our House" on 84 past the Highlands but I just called them and they aren't taking any more orders for the month of December! Have you called Rolen's? They are open until 5pm the Wed before Christmas and are still taking orders! I'm with you on the frustrations of having a child's birthday this month. We are doing a train themed party for Jacob's birthday on Sat. I found plates and napkins (20/$1) at WalMart, along with balloons. They had some cute "1st birthday" themed stuff for girls (confetti, table toppers, decorations, plates, napkins, cups, candles, etc.) but since we are doing the train stuff I went with primary colors. I have decided to do cupcakes for everyone(since the majority of the guests are 1-4 year olds!), including Jacob. Yellow cake, chocolate icing, and multi-color sprinkles (I was hoping to find a little train topper, but no such luck...maybe I'll get brave with icing). Jacob is a messy eater as well as a food dropper, so I didn't want to do a mini cake for him to drop on our wood floors. Not trying to sound like a snob; I'm just too lazy to clean up that big of a mess!!! Good luck and let me know if I can help you with anything. I'll be glad to! :-)

Anonymous said...

I have absolutely no advice since we only have dogs and have never bought birthday stuff for them. However, I do feel the need to comment on how FUNNY the "mad" face is! I love it! Sipsey=Sassy.

much love, Jill Scott :)

Kim said...

Try the Foster Street Coffee House in Downtown Dothan. She does beautiful and delicious cakes. I would have one just for Sipsey.

CLS said...

You probably have no idea who I am but I have a suggestion. Call Ann at First Baptist CDC. She does AMAZING things with her cakes! She can even make a cake to look like whatever decor or plates you use. The number is 334-677-6174 and here is a link to her MySpace with some pictures! Good luck! myspace.com/sweet_things_by_annie