Happy First Birthday to my Sipsey girl! Right now I am in a beautiful guest house on St. Simon's Island for my friend Lindsay's wedding! Sipsey's birthday was Thursday, December 18. We woke her up and sang happy birthday to her. She had no idea anything was different. We gave her a Krispey Kreme doughnut for breakfast and she hated it! She was not a fan of the sugar coming off on her hands. So she had her regular banana for breakfast. We had to get on the road to St. Simon's that day, so we only got to spend a few hours with her. BUT we are having a BLAST in St. Simon's. It's like a second honeymoon with all our friends here! I would write a wonderfully sappy, touching, sentimental blog, but I have to be at a rehearsal dinner in about an hour, and I don't want to be red and puffy from crying! You can imagine how special these few days in December will always be to me. Ben and I were over the moon after welcoming such a wonderful, perfect baby into the world (ok she was a little stubborn fireball at first!) but little did I know that it would be the last time I ever saw my dad. I always take myself back to those days and wish I had paid more attention to him and cherished each moment with him at the hospital. It flew by in a hurry and in four short weeks my world felt like it might crumble to the ground. Sipsey has helped this family in more ways than she will ever know grieve through such a sudden loss of a wonderful man who was so proud to be a grandfather for the first time. We love you Sipsey! You have helped me through a dark spot during a time that should be so joyful. Ben and I are lucky to be your parents!
The little fireball. She looked like this A LOT when she was laid on her back. We went to stomach sleeping at about 1 week after getting NO SLEEP. No need to report the dangers of stomach sleeping. We're well-aware.

8 comments:
Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! I'm glad ya'll are having a wonderful getaway! Your family will be in my prayers during the next month as you reflect and cherish the precious memories you have of your dad. Take care!
Well my eyes are red and puffy for you because I have tears rolling down my face. Happy Happy BIrthday Sipsey! I love you sweet girl!! Can't wait for Christmas and the party. It will be so fun!
Awwww, Happy Birthday Sipsey! It's hard to believe how fast that first year goes by!!
That is such a sweet post. Happy Birthday Sispey! I have to go and dry my eyes now!
I had a great time with you guys this weekend. Of course I am thinking about you during this time! And for the record - I am glad to know that you let her sleep on her stomach, it has always seemed like a good idea to me.
Tears here too.... Hope that sweet girl had a happy birthday. What a blessing. I still can't believe she didn't like her donut.... you have to teach her better than that. ha ha.
Happy Bday Sipsey! lauren I remember when we came up to the hospital and saw her! She was so perfect and you were a champ! I know she has been a light in some of the dark. Thinking of you. So glad you had a wonderful time!
Post a Comment