We started the weekend off with a trip to the Zoo. We saw AJ there with her parents right when we got there so we got to visit many animals with them! AJ's parents brought the Radio Flyer wagon so the girls toured the zoo in style. We see AJ at the zoo so much that Sipsey always asks where she is the minute we step foot in there! And if we don't see her, it is very troubling to Sipsey as to why.

This was the first time Sipsey even acknowledged this and she thought it was hilarious!

AJ's mom titled this picture "The Conspirators." They definitely look like they are up to something.


Sipsey's outfit is my latest creation. It's the Riley by Bonnie Blue. It was fairly easy and I've got a bunch of fabric from a Hollywood Baby sample sale that I hope to turn into something for her to wear.
The night of the 3rd, we went to our friend Thomas' farm in Winterboro and had a Fourth of July bbq. The farm has barns, horses, old houses, old graves(!), and a beautiful spring that just bubbles up from the ground! The last time we were there, Sipsey was 9 months old. She was able to enjoy it more this time. In one barn, there were antlion "homes" everywhere! Sweet P helped Sipsey say the "Doodlebug" saying while poking a stick in his trap and they got an antlion to come out! Please tell me y'all did that when you were little. It brought back lots of memories! The boys shot fireworks after dinner and Sipsey loved it! She loved the little snaps that pop when you throw them on the ground. She loved the Roman candles and the big fireworks. She had no fear and didn't care about how loud they were! We stayed there until about 10:30 and didn't get home until 11:30.
On the 4th, we went to a concert by UAB's band and then to the top of Ben's parking deck to watch the fireworks show. Sipsey was a little uninterested in the music and was too tired to care about the fireworks. She actually told Ben, "I ready to go home now." Naturally, that night Sipsey wanted to go to bed on time. The two pictures below were the only ones I could get my camera to take the entire weekend. After much investigation, there is a short or loose connection somewhere that causes the power to work intermittently. As the one-year warranty ran out 6 months ago, I will be paying over $200 to get Canon to repair the thing although it is a manufacturing defect! I've felt lost without my camera and I'm ready to have it in working order again. I don't have a point-and-shoot, so we have been photo-less for the past several weeks. :( We hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day!
On the 4th, we went to a concert by UAB's band and then to the top of Ben's parking deck to watch the fireworks show. Sipsey was a little uninterested in the music and was too tired to care about the fireworks. She actually told Ben, "I ready to go home now." Naturally, that night Sipsey wanted to go to bed on time. The two pictures below were the only ones I could get my camera to take the entire weekend. After much investigation, there is a short or loose connection somewhere that causes the power to work intermittently. As the one-year warranty ran out 6 months ago, I will be paying over $200 to get Canon to repair the thing although it is a manufacturing defect! I've felt lost without my camera and I'm ready to have it in working order again. I don't have a point-and-shoot, so we have been photo-less for the past several weeks. :( We hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day!




5 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE that little outfit you made Sipsey. The fabric is beautiful, but not as beautiful as your sweet girl! :-)
awesome job on the outfit! her little face in the giaffe cutout is hilarious!
I love that look in the last pic...so ready to go home! And I have never heard of an antlion, so no, I didn't do that when I was little! I'm such a city girl!
What fun to have the zoo so close by! Sounds like a great holiday weekend. I'm totally jealous of your sewing skills! That outfit is ADORABLE! Love the fabric! I wish I could sew and make stuff for Luke, but I can't even sew on a button. Pitiful, I know!
Her outfit is so cute... I'm always so jealous of your zoo trips. I wish we had a zoo. I'm so way behind on blogs if you couldn't tell.
Post a Comment