We traveled to Dothan to celebrate Christmas this year. It was the 2nd Christmas without Dad, so that was hard, but we made the best of it. We went to the children's Christmas Eve service at First Methodist and Sipsey loved it! There was a live baby Jesus and Sipsey had her first Communion. We sang Silent Night in "candlelight," which was actually glowsticks, a feature very popular with the children (and some husbands). I was surprised at how well-behaved Sipsey was. She was enthralled with all the lights and children singing. We gathered with my dad's family at my sister's house on Christmas night and ate a delicious meal together. Then on Saturday, my mom's family had dinner together at my mom's house. Throughout the weekend, Sipsey was showered with gifts from friends and family. She had a blast playing with cousins who she does not see very often. However, as much as I love Christmas, I'm certainly glad it's over!! I love coming home from work and being able to relax with no presents to wrap, bags to pack, or last minute gift ideas to think of! Whew! Here are some pictures of the weekend. I got a new lens from Santa Ben and went camera crazy trying it out!
Sipsey and her first and only first cousin Mark (Mary Ashley's {my sister's} baby)
Sipsey and Sweet P. Perhaps my favorite picture from Christmas!
Can y'all please stop asking me to do all my tricks?
Sipsey never took a paci but is fascinated by them now. This is a fake baby doll paci if it looks a little funny.
Putting her to work early! Sipsey got a broom for Christmas and loves it!
Still in love with babies. This baby moves her mouth when you feed her the bottle.
Sipsey and her sweet cousin Carly.
Somebody's JEALOUS!!
We have some Miss Manners classes to sign up for.
Our family at my sister's for Christmas
If You Give a Cat a Cupcake. I can't wait to read this one. It is slowly becoming safe to leave Sipsey with a book with real pages.
Hey Mark!
Happy
Sad :(
Rock-a-bye baby!

















7 comments:
I LOVE the pic of Sipsey and your mom. You'll have to frame that one!! I saw Sipsey's peg puzzles. Jacob got several of those from Santa Claus and I'm surprised at how much he's continued to play with them. We're still a little aggressive with books, so Santa brought Jacob a couple of board books! ha!
Glad ya'll had a nice time. I'm trying to get my pics from birthday and Christmas together to post soon.
AJ has that same baby doll stroller! Looks like y'all had a great time!
Hey Lauren, your Christmas looked so fun. LOVE all the pictures of miss sipsey-she is SO precious!! What kind of camera do you have? I'm looking for a new one this week-just getting some ideas. All your pics are really bright and sharp looking. Thanks so much-have a great week!!
i might have already told you this recently but i always read your posts on my phone so i never am on the computer to comment! but so many posts have made me want to comment so i need to be better about it. {i know how us bloggers like comments!}
love your pictures and your sewing and your posts recently.
what lens did you get?
These pictures are absolutely precious. I love them all. We got that little tea seat and we love it. It is the cutest thing. I'm glad you had a good Christmas. I know it will never be easy without your dad. Love you!
Lauren,
What a beautiful picture of Sipsey & Mark!!!!I love the color and the glow of the christmas lights & ornaments. Very pretty!
Hey You.
Happy 2010. Yeah, we weren't going to do a bedshirt because the hard wood comes up pretty high on the bottom..but, when the mattress is so high...it just looks better with one. When we lower it, I'll remove it.
Sipsey is as CUTE as ever. Love all the pictures. Keep them coming!
Post a Comment