Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday, Sipsey!

Today is Sipsey's 2nd birthday! She is such a sweet 2 year old, but definitely has her moments. She LOVES babies and baby dolls. I can't say that enough. I always ask her if she's a good mommy and she always nods her head. Sipsey will repeat anything we say and commits it to memory. She is learning her shapes, numbers and letters at school. It is hilarious to hear her say triangle. It's more like, "tri-a-guhlelululuuh." Once she gets stuck on a color, everything is that color. Lately it's been "Lellow." She's also very partial to "Booooo." I think she actually knows the color brown. One of my favorite phrases of hers is, "Hey! How you? I Sipsey!" She finally turned it into, "Hey! How you? I fine!" She can count to 10 (skipping eight), and it sounds like this, "One, two, pee, pour, pie, pix, seben, nie, ten!" She can say the alphabet (Skipping A LOT). It's usually some variation of "ABCDEF mumble LMNOP QRS mumble WXYZ Now I know my abcs, mumble mumble sing with me!" I love to hear her sing "twinkle twinkle little star" and her favorite for us to sing to her is "Baby treetop" (Rockabye baby). Sipsey also loves to help us (mainly Ben) cook. She always wants to stir and got a nice blister on her finger from the pot the other day! Maybe we'll stick to the play kitchen for awhile. We love you Sips!! Happy birthday! Here are some pictures I took of Sipsey this morning.

birthday1
Adorable shirt courtesy of Layne James Embroidery and Designs


birthday2
Attempting to hold up two fingers. We'll have to work on that.


birthday3
Really trying hard to hold up those two fingers!


9 comments:

Lydia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SIPSEY!!! I wish we could meet her and give her a big hug on this special day. She is adorable in the shirt! Thanks so much for showing it off.
Have a wonderful day!

Anna said...

Happy Birthday to that sweet girl!!! I can't believe you have a two year old!

ml said...

Lauren she is gorgeous! Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Amy Kennedy said...

She is SOOO precious!! Happy 2nd B'day to your sweet Sipsey! I love her shirt too! I may need to get Hayes one of those for her bday next month. Merry Christmas!

Melissa said...

She is just soooo cute! Happy Birthday!

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday to that beautiful little Sipsey! We sure have enjoyed watching her grow up the past 2 years!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday Sipsey!!! You are too cute!

The Dennis Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIPSEY! Gosh - I can not believe that she is 2!! She is absolutely precious!

Jenn said...

Very cute! That shirt is so adorable! We need to get Sipsey and Baylor together for a play date.