I have been busy sewing lately! I perfected the bubble (Taylor, for those who sew and care what pattern I was using; first one seen here) and then Sipsey decided to grow what seems like 2 inches so they don't fit right anymore and not to mention, it's all of a sudden the middle September! So now I've made a few Lucy dresses (like this one), which I made the next size up (24 months) so Sipsey can wear them this fall and winter with a turtle neck and tights or leggings. And I bought a Frannie Baby pattern and actually was able to follow it with no help! I learned the Lucy and Taylor in a class, but the Frannie Baby I did alone. It is so cute! The Frannie Baby has bloomers, so I've been making bloomers for the Lucy dresses too. The following pictures are from our visit to Dothan to see baby Mark.
Frannie Baby
Get this water OFF my hand!
Spin move! I love the ties and the gathering on the sides.
Button in the back.
"Sipsey, look at mommy so I can take your picture!" ---What a stinker!
I made the bloomers later, after I bought the Frannie baby pattern. This is my first dress ever!
Playing in the baby doll's highchair.
And for your viewing pleasure, Ben (my 6'8" husband) on the RollerRacer!










11 comments:
Lauren! You are getting good! Ben is hilarious. We just watched our wedding video with him and his dance moves in front of everyone at our reception. Adam and I both were laughing out loud.
So, so cute! I LOVE that fabric! That's the only bad thing about little boys....not as much cute stuff to dress them in! When on earth do you have time to do all this though?
Can you teach me how to sew???
a) that's the cutest model I've ever seen
b) you are a sewing pro! I tried the burp cloths-going to need more practice- those things are stinkers to keep straight!
c) ben makes me laugh
No I did not smock those dresses, wish I did...I just don't have the time. I am so jealous you are such a good little sewer...is that a word. Very jealous. Sipsey is the most precious thing. She would look good in anything but the fabric is adorable.
You are so talented!! You need to be selling this stuff! I can't imagine the money you are saving by not having to buy cute clothes and make them instead! These are way cuter than stuff in the stores! And Ben Beck is hilarious!
Oh my goodness! You are so stinkin' talented! ;-) You totally need to sell these little outfits. And you have the cutest model ever!
Do you know how impressed i am? in all seriousness, sewing makes me want to die. i don't know how you did it. frannie baby took me over a year to complete :) maybe if i took a real class it would help...but probably not :)
Cute dresses! You have inspired me to sew! First I am going to make our child.... Mango an auburn dog outfit. Then I am going to make a halloween costume and some pillow covers.....:o)
Oh my gosh Lauren!!! You are a pro! Those are the cutest! I have loved catching up on your sweet family - so precious!!
Hey Lauren
I love it! So beautiful and sweet for alittle precious girl. Perfect for her! So talented, also - wanted to see if i could get your email address.. mine is kshendon@hotmail.com
send me and email wanted to ask you abour your beautiful diaper cakes!!! I need to make one soon.
katy
Post a Comment