On Tuesday night, I took Sipsey to see the Bama Air Dogs at our local library. I was worried about it being past her bedtime (6:30) but she did great! Ben went to the Baron's baseball game with his future lab colleagues when he starts his postdoc in the Fall, so I was on my own. We do EVERYTHING as a family, so I was very nervous. We got there early and got a great patch of grass! So basically this man rescues dogs about to be euthanized and trains them to catch frisbees! It was a lot of fun. He played pop music, which Sipsey loved. We were so close that one little dog got distracted from the frisbee and came over to visit Sipsey and me during the show! We scratched on him a minute and then he went on his way! Sipsey lost interest towards the end when she saw her friend Anna June. I couldn't understand why she wasn't looking at the "DAWGS" anymore. When I finally turned around, I realized who she was staring at! After the show, they gave out slices of watermelon. I enjoyed mine and Sipsey wanted nothing to do with it. We went to the pond to visit the ducks, then went home to go night night. I'm so glad we took advantage of what our tax dollars pay for! Now if I can convince them to have story time outside, we'll be set!
I'm not great at taking action pics, but you get the idea of what was happening right in front of us! I'm not zoomed in at all in this pic.
Hello Mommy!
Sipsey hugging her friend Anna June. They were so happy to see each other!
Somebody's getting sleepy. This was after the show right before we went to see the ducks.
My sweet little angel with a halo around her head...oh that's just the setting sun. What's that? You love her adorable outfit? Want to know where to get one? That would be straight from my sewing machine, thankyouverymuch. I'm very proud of my bubble and will be crankin' out lots more for the rest of the summer!







7 comments:
i'm impressed! cute girl, cute bubble!
i saw the first pic and thought: lauren made that!!! go YOU!!!
its so perfectly precious
I was wondering if that was one of your creations! Too cute! Love that fabric too! Great job!
OMG!! I am impressed, you oicked u sewing REALLY quick. I guess I just need to take a class. I keep putting it off...
She is growing up for sure, her hair is lighter too, maybe because of summer...
Wait, 6:30 is past her bed time? What time does that kiddo go to bed?? Cute bubble.
WOW! I am so impressed at the dress! Now you can just send them to me and I'll embroider them for you!! :-)
I bet that was a fun show with the dogs. Jacob would have LOVED it.
How's the new job?
She is getting so Tall!!!!
Post a Comment