Monday, May 9, 2011

A little Monday morning craft

Sipsey came to me in my room this morning at 7:56 and proclaimed, "Mommy, there is something I want to make RIGHT NOW. Let me show it to you." I thought she may be referring to the blueberry muffin mix in the pantry. However, she returned with the book Olivia that we checked out at the library last week turned to this page:


olivia1


I read it to her last night and explained that Olivia has a little brother just like she would really soon and asked if she wanted to scare her little brother like Olivia. She answered with an emphatic yes! So, this morning, we made the scary monster mask so Sipsey could, according to her, "scare baby brother in your tummy!" After all, who could wait 3.5 months to make such a fun mask?

olivia2


olivia3
Unlike me, it looks like Sipsey will hold her pen the "correct" way, for whatever it's worth. I guess no daily torture from her 3rd grade teacher possibly makes it worth it. My way is far superior. :)


olivia4



This entertained us for a whole 20 minutes! I thought some other mamas want to try it with their little ones. As soon as she put it on and scared me, we were on to the next activity.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

This is just so funny. I love her imagination. And when, oh when, do we get to hear this little brother's name? Or is it a surprise?

Erin said...

omg what a smart & fun girl. that is so cute. I have a friend who is naming her little girl Olivia so I may look into getting her this book!!!

SRG said...

I hold my pen incorrectly, too! And my way, I also feel, is superior! I love that book and am proud of Sipsey for coming up with something she wanted to make.

Melissa said...

Too cute! Very impressed with her pen-holding abilities! Luke switches his back and forth all the time. We can't tell if he's going to be right-handed or left-handed, like Matthew.