Well, we made it to Arkansas in one piece and now that I have unpacked EVERYTHING, I have time to blog again. Sipsey's last day of school was Friday 10/29. It was a sad day for me since she had been there since she was 3 months old (April 2008). I feel like it was such a huge piece of our lives and after one day, it would all come to an end. We felt comfortable there, knew all the teachers who had cared for her since she was a baby, and Sipsey had friends that had been there with her from the beginning!
Although out of focus, here is Sipsey on her first day of daycare at 3.5 months old:And at 5 months on her first day of the Creepers class:
She was pitiful and pretty much cried like this everyday I dropped her off. Even as a toddler, she still clung to my leg most days.
She was all better as soon as I picked her up.
Sipsey's class was having a Halloween party for lunch, so I hurried over to the school and strapped my camera to my face to take as many photos as possible. :) Sipsey wanted to be a tiger for Halloween. She told me that she wanted to say, "ROAR!" to everyone. I found her costume (one size too big) at Old Navy for $10. ALL the other girls in her class were princesses, angels, or Dora, but my child wanted to be a tiger. We haven't exposed her to all the tacky shiny princess garb yet. Money well saved!
And perhaps the most precious pictures of friends in my photo library, here are Sipsey and Anna June together one last time. They were so proud of their matching backpacks:










7 comments:
Thank you so much for posting! We miss you so much already! In the group shot, AJ looks so sad! But the ones of their backpacks are adorable!!!!
perfectly precious little auburn tiger! so glad to see you blog again!
precious pictures. i know it must have been so hard that day! sipsey is beautiful.
love sweet pics!! what a cute tiger!!!
What GREAT pictures! I love the one of Anna June holding Sipsey's hands and smiling! I know that was a tough day! I love that Sipsey was a tiger for Halloween. The princess stuff gets waaaayyyy overdone. Kind of like all the sports stuff for boys. Can't I just have a few choices in clothes that don't have baseballs or footballs on them? Not everybody is a sports fanatic!
Adorable pictures. I know you will miss your friends. Good luck with unpacking... we moved 5 months ago and still have stuff to unpack... yuck. Praying for your transition.
So freaking cute!
Post a Comment