On Monday, Ben turned 30! To start off his birthday weekend, I had our good friends, Thomas and Robin (who now live in Kentucky), come stay with us for the weekend. They surprised Ben by pulling up in the driveway right behind him after work on Friday. We had been planning this for months and Ben had no idea! Thomas had a big job to do on Saturday, and that was to keep Ben away from the house all day so Robin and I could prepare for the big surprise party! Did I mention there was a monsoon ALL day Saturday, plus tornadoes? Just my luck. It stopped raining just in time for the guests to arrive at 6. Thomas brought Ben back at 6:30 to about 40 people crammed in our tiny house to wish him happy birthday!!! We had a barbecue dinner catered by Saw's and a delicious strawberry birthday cake from Dreamcakes! Sadly I took zero pictures, but Robin did take 4 of Ben's cake and him blowing out the candles. I did film the big surprise, but I'll just post the pictures here.
In other news, Sipsey is doing great too. She's as sassy and as smart as ever. She still loves baby dolls and can change a diaper like nobody's business. She wears gloves to use the wipe and then she takes off the gloves leaving the wipe inside to put the diaper on. It's hysterical how particular she is about it. Hopefully I'll start posting more often now that weather is warmer and I have new pictures to post!










10 comments:
What a sweet thing to do for your husband! Congrats on being able to pull it off without him knowing anything! That took some work, I know!
happy bday ben!! lauren, i think sipsey is ready for a little brother or sister :)
That's an awesome feat to throw a surprise party with that many people. Happy birthday to your hubby!
What a sweet wife! Sipsey and Simms would have a blast with diapers! I pick them up all day long and then have to reuse them bc of course her dolls didn't really dirty the diaper but she insists on using the real thing with them!
Looks like y'all had a good time for Ben's 30th. Wish I could have been there!
I'll pretend not to be upset that Rusty's didn't cater. :) I hope it was a great day!
sweet girl! Oh and happy birthday ben. i'm wishing i had a piece of that cake right now... I've got to figure out how to get big blog pictures!
SO FUN!! That cake looks awesome and I know that yall had such a great time!! And Sipsey is such a good little mama ~ sweet thing!
sipsey with the babydoll is precious! what a fun party!
how fun! since stephen would have no way of finding this comment, i will say i plan on throwing him a surprise 30th this year, too. i might steal the "using a friend" idea to make it happen!
sipsey is too cute!!!
Post a Comment