No, you aren't seeing things! I'm back to blogging! I have been reading everyone else's blogs, but I just haven't felt like blogging myself. We had a very special event to attend last weekend and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to get me blogging again.
Sipsey's cousin Elle (blogged about here), or as Sipsey calls her, Baby Elle, was christened on Sunday. It was a beautiful service and Anna and Ben hosted a delicious lunch at their home following the ceremony. Elle wore the same christening gown that Sipsey wore, and my sister was christened in it as well. My dad won it at a Rotary Club auction years ago. Visiting Rotarians from England brought it over with them to be auctioned. I wish I knew the whole story behind it. What I do know is that it's old and it's beautiful and I'm so happy to have it in the family!
Sweet Elle
Proud parents
She was so well-behaved!
I was the only crazy person taking pictures.
John David (Anna's brother), Katie B, and Preacher man
Elle with her grandmother
Elle with the Barrons
Elle with her great-grandparents (my dad's and Anna's mom's parents)
Sipsey giving kisses

I had to include Sipsey at her christening in 2008!











7 comments:
I just checked the blog thinking you MIGHT have posted something new and was so excited to see this!! Thanks for being our photographer for the day.
p.s. I am about to start blogging again so I will send you the new address :)
That is so special that Elle could wear the same dress! Their little family looks so sweet and Anna looks great! Elle is a beautiful baby.
The gown is beautiful and what a sepcial story. I LOVE christening gowns. I would put my kids in it everyday if I could ha ha. Thanks for blogging, and tell Anna I want that new address too.
What a sweet christening and beautiful gown. Simms wore an antique gown that Cope will wear too. Dru will probably protest but I've seen pictures of him in lace!
So precious! Elle and co. all looked so beautiful. And of course, so did Sipsey!
Anna, when you start blogging again I need the address too!
yeah! Glad to see you blog. Love all the pics. So sweet. Oh, and I love the bath time pics of Sipsy! Too cute
Yay! I'm so glad to see you blogging again! I've been missing you! What a beautiful gown...so nice that it is a "family" gown. I know lots of special memories were made that day!
Post a Comment