Yes, you read that correctly. Sipsey has not taken a step until now! She has been happy crawling and cruising and had never even attempted to walk or even stand on her own. She could RUN while cruising down the couch (one of her fave activities) and would "walk" anywhere while holding our fingers. We had been working on her standing on her own throughout February to try to jump start the walking process. Then the weekend of the 13th, she was getting a little brave and would stand for about 5 seconds on her own. Then would she take one step towards us. She really did the best when we left her alone. She would sit on the edge of her Anywhere Chair, stand up and take the one step it takes to get to the couch. We would go crazy clapping and praising her. On Tuesday the 17th, when I picked her up from daycare, I told them to spend a little time with her and coax her and praise her if she walks. Well, Ben picked her up on the 18th (her 14 month birthday) and they told him she had been walking all over the place all day! We were shocked. I think she just finally realized she could do it and that's all it took! So we have a walker. She still crawls most of the time, but she is practicing her walking skills more and more. I could not be happier. Now (well, when she gets good at it) we can actually play outside (who wants to crawl in the grass with sticks and acorns---have I mentioned our huge oak tree?) and Sipsey can wear dresses! Woohoo!
In other news:
I have changed the background to something simpler. My background was not showing up from cutest blog on the block anyway, and I kinda liked the look of just a white background.
I have been so very busy with school and work (that's why I have only updated twice this month!). I cannot wait to have just one job and no homework! I will, however, miss having a Spring Break and 3 weeks off for Christmas.
I have been tagged to do so many blogs but they will have to wait for now. My email and blogs are blocked at work, so I must WORK at work! My time at home is very limited for blogging.
Happy Fat Tuesday!
In other news:
I have changed the background to something simpler. My background was not showing up from cutest blog on the block anyway, and I kinda liked the look of just a white background.
I have been so very busy with school and work (that's why I have only updated twice this month!). I cannot wait to have just one job and no homework! I will, however, miss having a Spring Break and 3 weeks off for Christmas.
I have been tagged to do so many blogs but they will have to wait for now. My email and blogs are blocked at work, so I must WORK at work! My time at home is very limited for blogging.
Happy Fat Tuesday!


6 comments:
Congratulations to Sipsey! She looks so sweet!
Congratulations! Remember, I told you that when she finally started walking, it would amaze you how quickly she would get the hang of it! Glad to see a post from you! I'd been wondering where you were!
Way to go Sipsey! Life is soooo much better when you are a biped! Mommy and Daddy will really have to keep up with you now!
Yea for Sipsey!!
And, a friend of mine thinks the white spot is also from the sweat build-up in the tanning bed. Both make sense, I guess. =)
I'm glad you are a Petter Cottontail too.
Yay Sipsey!! They'll have fun trying to catch you now!
Yeah!! congrats sipsey!!!
Post a Comment