Sipsey turned 9 months old on September 18. Her doctor's appointment was on Sept. 19. We had a good report. Sipsey is doing everything a 9 month old should be doing, which is always good to hear! I love our pediatrician. If everything looks good, she tells you that your child is perfect. What parent doesn't want to hear that? Her weight was 18 lbs. 3 oz. (50th %tile) and her length was 28 in. (80th %tile). At 6 months, her weight was in the 25th percentile, so the doc was glad that she is fattening up. She got a flu shot and has to go back next month for the rest of it.
Here are some things Sipsey likes to do now:
Here are some things Sipsey likes to do now:
- Army crawl all over the place. The hardwood floors are her favorite...much easier to glide across the floor.
- Pull up in her bed and on furniture! Finally...I thought this would never happen! Maybe her small size had something to do with it.
- Chew on everything STILL. She is cutting her top teeth but the one about to break through is her lateral incisor. That's the one next to the front teeth! Everyone says she should be a vampire for Halloween. I already have a costume for her but I'm not telling what it is yet. Y'all will have to wait for the pictures!
- Play in the bathtub. She absolutely LOVES the water. I wish we could have gotten in the pool more this summer.
- Stick out her tongue and make pooting sounds. Parenting magazine calls this "blowing raspberries." I prefer "pooting noise."
- Squeal and shriek at the top of her lungs when she's really happy like in the tub and when I pick her up from daycare.
- Eat table food. Baby food does not interest her anymore. So far she has had (and loves it all!) mashed potatoes, green beans, bananas, English muffins, Puffs, rice, spaghetti, and a lot more that I can't remember right now.
- Listen to music. Anytime any music comes on she starts bouncing up and down and kicking her legs. She also loves when Ben and I sing "You are my Sunshine." When she's upset, especially when she's fussy in her carseat, we'll start singing it, and she immediately calms down. No other song works. It's the strangest, but sweetest, thing.


8 comments:
Sipsey is so precious!! I can't believe she is eating table food--that is awesome! I would like to start Jacob on it soon because he has become disinterested in baby food too. I just wasn't sure what types of food would be "baby friendly" so thanks for the ideas.
Ella didn't like baby food either-can't say I blame them. Gotta love a girl that knows good food!!
Happy 9 months Sipsey! That is so funny about her teeth. The same thing is happening with Simms. The two teeth on either side of the front 2 are coming in first.Sissy calls her a cat! Simms is having nothing to do with table food so this should be fun!
I WANT those pretty blue eyes!!!
Have you tried YoBaby yogurt with Sipsey? We bought some the other day and Jacob seemed to like it pretty well!
she is too big!!
Sipsey is so precious! We need to get Harrison & Sipsey together for a playdate soon...I bet they would have a blast!
Lauren she is adorable! I love the baby doll. I sang you are my sunshine to Colby and Carly all the time! Carly probably wants me to sing it to her to this day! haha
Post a Comment