Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Whew!

Well I am officially finished with my May mini semester...only to start real summer classes next Monday. Here is what's been going on with us lately:
  1. Ben was gone to a meeting in France all last week (and the laptop went with him-I was having withdrawals). He was one of the very few graduate students chosen to present his research to all the professionals in his field (gamma-delta T cells and their role in fighting cancer cells, if you were wondering!). My mom came up and stayed with me to help take care of Sipsey. I unfortunately had a group project to work on so I was up at school from morning until night and didn't get to spend that much time with either of them.
  2. Sipsey moved from the Infant room to the Creepers class at daycare along with 2 of her friends. She's growing up!
  3. I have lost faith in the human race. For the first time in years, I actually took my media card to WalMart to develop some pictures. At the end, it says, "Don't forget your receipt!" It says nothing about not forgetting your media card, which is exactly what I did. When I went back an hour later, my media card was not in the thingy and no one had turned it in! Fortunately, they still had the pictures that I developed in their system and put them on a disk for me. Unfortunately, I did not print off all the pictures from the card so many of them were just lost. Not to mention I had to buy a new stinkin' media card. My camera is only 4 megapixels and this new card is like 2 GB so I can officially take about 1700 pictures at one time. Great.
  4. I really had a lot to blog about but now that I have the time to do it, I can't remember everything. These pictures describe the rest:
Still lots of hair!
Playing in the Wipes box. I have a picture of my dad pulling me around on the carpet in a diapers box. Sipsey was not quite old enough for that yet.
This is how Sipsey sleeps...on her side, sucking her right thumb and either holding a blanket with her left hand or covering her face with a blanket. She loves to cover her face.
LOVING the exersaucer!
Grumpy girl with Sweet P
Grumpy girl with Mommy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the mini-term!!! i know you are relieved. That would be great about getting together sometime! our schedule is a little more flexible than yours...(ya know-the no kids thing)...so just let me know when ya'll are free!

Anna said...

yea for a new post! She is so big!!!

The Jernigan's said...

i love seeing new pictures!!!

Abby Euten said...

Loving how she sleeps!! And the "grumpy girl" is precious.

Katie B said...

She is in the creeper class? This name worries me, but I guess that means she is getting older? She is soo cute!

Donna Lewis said...

I can't wait to see ya'll this week-end. Sipsey is getting soooo big! Lauren I can't believe how quickly time passes, seems like just yesterday it was you and Anna being our "babies" then along came the rest of the bunch. I guess it will be that way with all the grandbabies too. Maybe Anna and Ben will be next, who knows. She will probably kill me if she reads this! ha!ha! Oh well, somebody needs to get the ball rolling right?

Love ya'll! See you this week-end!
Aunt Donna