Monday, January 7, 2008

3 weeks old

Getting a diaper change.

My hands never leave my face!

I love bathtime! Ha!

On Tuesday, Sipsey will be 3 weeks old! She has really grown a lot! I weighed her today (I weighed myself and then myself holding her and did the math). She weighs 9.5 pounds! She is a hog and I let her eat all the time. I'd rather let her eat than hear her cry. I don't know how much a 3 week old is supposed to weigh but Sipsey seems pretty big. Her umbilical stump fell off the other day, so we have been able to take real baths now! You can see how much she loves bath time in the picture above. We still have trouble sleeping unless it's in someone's arms. Sipsey sleeps in the bed with us at night, and she (and we) loves it! We have this baby positioner and we put her in it in between us and she sleeps in 3 hour increments or longer which is a miracle. During the daytime however, no one is there to sleep with her in her crib so she wakes up every 30 minutes or less and has to be rocked back to sleep. She startles herself awake a lot. When she's in the bed with us, we just pat her back and she goes back to sleep. When she's in the crib and realizes we duped her into going asleep alone, she cries. This causes problems when I need to take a shower, get ready, eat lunch, etc. Anyway, we love her and I'll hold her all day long if I have to!

In other news, I started school today. :( I only had to be there from 4:00 to 5:15 but it was no fun. Tomorrow I have class from 9:30-10:45 and 12:30-1:45. That's really gonna be no fun! If I make it to class on time tomorrow morning, it will be a miracle. I hope attendance is optional because I feel like the 9:30 class (Biostatistics) will be skipped quite a bit. I barely got ready by 4:00 today (I hope Sipsey's 20 to 30 minute sleep sessions will grow longer). Being ready to leave the house by 8:50 is going to be a challenge. Sipsey and I are usually up for a feed somewhere between 5:00 and 7:00. I usually go back to sleep with Sipsey after that, but I think now I will need to put her back in the bed with Ben and then start getting myself ready! If you know me and my love of sleep, you know how upset I am about this. On that note, I should go feed her and then go bed!

3 comments:

Donna Lewis said...

Dear Sipsey,
This is your great Aunt Donna and I thought I would write you since we have not met yet. I already love you even though I haven't seen you. Your cousin Anna tells me how beautiful you are and I can see that from your pictures. You look like your daddy so far. I can't wait to hold you and I hope it is SOON!! If you mama and daddy can't bring you to Dothan, your mama had told me before you were born that she would put you on a greyhound bus and send you this way. I really didn't believe her, so I will come see you as soon as I can. Don't grow too much before I see you. Tell your mama thank you for posting your pictures and telling us what is going on with you. Your Aunt Laura and I can't wait to see every few days what is new with you. I just ran off your pictures for your Great Grand Papa to take home to Granny Mary. They are so proud of you!

I Love You!
Aunt Donna

The Jernigan's said...

i love seeing the new pics of Sipsey. she is soooooooooooo cute! can't wait to see her.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs and seeing all the cute pictures of baby Sipsey...it is still so weird to me that we are at the age to start having babies! You are so smart and detail oriented and I am hoping that you might write a "how to" mommy manual that I can use one day. What do you say? Also, what is your physical address?
-Jill Scott