Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Thank you for the supportive comments on the last post. It really, really {truly} makes me feel better to know that others are going through or went through the same thing {as I have too, but we so soon forget}. Those encouraging words help me make it through the day, seriously. Wheeler has been pretty much sleeping only in his carseat at night now. After knowing that others did it too made me feel much better. Last night he slept 7.5 hours! I, of course, didn't get that much because I was up every 3 making sure he was still breathing. I doubt this is something that will stick because the night before, he was up every 2. But at least we are making some progress!


Just like the rest of America this month, we made our annual Fall visit to the pumpkin patch over the weekend. We found a great one on the way to Little Rock that happened to be offering half off admission through Groupon. I had some Groupon bucks from people buying through my link, so we got to go for free {it would have cost $21}! We decided to have a marathon day including a morning trip to the pumpkin patch, lunch in Little Rock at Chick-fil-A, and shopping trips to Target and the mall to find Sipsey new shoes. I was a little nervous about how Wheeler would do, but he was fine! I only had to nurse him once during the 8 hours we were gone because he sleeps in the car {or during any motion/movement} like a champ! His sleeping that night was a different story, but I digress.


pumpkin1
Sipsey loves her ruby slippers from Granny. I could not convince her that they weren't good pumpkin patch shoes, but I was unsuccessful.


pumpkin2
The pig race!


pumpkin3


pumpkin4


pumpkin5
I'm all about dressing up the kids in matching smocked outfits (they were inexpensive and they only have about one month to wear pumpkin-themed outfits, so I let them wear them out!), but I couldn't wrap my mind around why someone would wear this ensemble to the pumpkin patch with hay rides and pig races and a petting zoo.


pumpkin6
Tire swing!


pumpkin7
Sweet bunny


pumpkin8
Sipsey loved feeding this little goat.


pumpkin9


pumpkin10
Bounce house


pumpkin11
Covered wagon ride


pumpkin12


pumpkin13
Wheeler did a lot of this.


pumpkin14
They had a "sandbox" full of corn.


pumpkin15
Sipsey loved the way the corn felt and "wallered" all around in it. I had to drag her out!


pumpkin16
So sad to leave.


pumpkin17
She managed a smile because we were headed to Chick-fil-A next!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

You are so funny {about the outfit..but yeah..seriously girl??} and your two cannot get ANY cuter! Love the sweet outfits. I doubt we will make it to a pumpkin patch this season..at least we can still carve a store bought one! Hope things keep looking up in the sleep department!

Anna said...

Love all of the pumpkin patch pictures! Just read your last blog too and I hope Wheeler-man starts sleeping better for you. Yall were spoiled by great sleeper Sipsey! :) Mom sent a package from us today so be looking for it!!! We miss yall. Let's skype soon!

Erin said...

looks like everyone had such a fun time! i love this time of year and all the activities it brings.