Wheeler had his 1 month checkup last week. Besides a clogged tear duct causing a crusty eye all the time, he is doing great! He weighed 10 lbs 12.5 oz and was 22.5 inches long, which put him in the 75th percentile for weight and length. Strangely, Sipsey was 10 lbs 12 oz and 22.25 inches (90th percentile for both) at her 1 month checkup but I didn't take her until 6 weeks old, so that skews the numbers just a little bit. I'm anxious to see how he continues to grow because I have bought some brother/sister matching outfits for next Spring and Summer and he better not be too big for them!
He's not really sleeping that great. From my last post, I determined that he has colic at night. It takes some work to get him calm enough to sleep and once he does sleep, he will wake up to eat every 2-3 hours and go right back to sleep again. I'm thankful for that. I'm just craving a sleep cycle longer than 3 hours! One night, we got him to bed by 11PM and he only woke up once to eat at 3AM! He woke up again at 6AM and then it was time to start my day. It was a great night but the very next night he was up every 2 hours. :(
Sipsey is adjusting better to having attention-hog Wheeler around. Believe me, she gets PLENTY of one-on-one attention from both of us. We make it a priority to make sure she feels included and loved, etc, etc. She's just a diva 3 year old and something tells me she would be just as sassy even if Brother weren't around. Ben and I are adjusting better too! I cleaned my bathroom! And vacuumed the den! And filed some paperwork! I'm learning that it doesn't have to be spotless...good enough works just as well.
He's not really sleeping that great. From my last post, I determined that he has colic at night. It takes some work to get him calm enough to sleep and once he does sleep, he will wake up to eat every 2-3 hours and go right back to sleep again. I'm thankful for that. I'm just craving a sleep cycle longer than 3 hours! One night, we got him to bed by 11PM and he only woke up once to eat at 3AM! He woke up again at 6AM and then it was time to start my day. It was a great night but the very next night he was up every 2 hours. :(
Sipsey is adjusting better to having attention-hog Wheeler around. Believe me, she gets PLENTY of one-on-one attention from both of us. We make it a priority to make sure she feels included and loved, etc, etc. She's just a diva 3 year old and something tells me she would be just as sassy even if Brother weren't around. Ben and I are adjusting better too! I cleaned my bathroom! And vacuumed the den! And filed some paperwork! I'm learning that it doesn't have to be spotless...good enough works just as well.









2 comments:
I love all of these pictures! I think he looks so much like you and Sweet P in the first one...and nothing like big sister did!
Mmmmm....what a cute little fella! I bet he's full of sugar!
Post a Comment