Wednesday, August 17, 2011

39 Weeks

My 39 week visit today was an important one! I have progressed enough that the doctor doesn't think I will make it through the weekend. However, he will be out of town this weekend. So that he doesn't miss the delivery and so that I don't have a stranger delivering the baby (there are 2 OBs in our town and they don't practice together!), we are inducing tomorrow afternoon! He asked if I were ready to do it today after the appointment and that answer was a quick "NO!" I could definitely wait until next week, but I suppose I will show up tomorrow and see what happens! My mom is on her way up to help take care of big sister. It is hard being in a town/state with no family around. I will definitely be missing family and friends visiting at the hospital! After delivering Sipsey in Birmingham, we had a steady stream of visitors the whole time we were there. But no matter who visits, we are super excited to meet Wheeler!!!


A few recent pictures:

outdoors1
Ben is 4 inches shy of 7 feet tall so Sipsey is about to take flight!



outdoors2
It's been quite hot this summer!



outdoors3
We walk to this field almost every afternoon to look for bunnies. Then Sipsey runs after them screaming at the top of her lungs and they high-tail it through the fence behind her.



silly1
Hmmmmm...



sweet
Sipsey still LOVES her loveys. The addition of baby brother has intensified the addiction.


8 comments:

Lydia said...

How exciting! I love these pictures of Sipsey. She is looking SO SO much like you!

Melissa said...

Yay! It's baby time! Same thing kinda happened to me with Luke. I had the induction already scheduled and my dr. told me I wouldn't make it until then. He said, "You need to come tomorrow!"

I will be praying for y'all today! Are you going to post updates on Facebook? Can't wait to see baby Wheeler!!!!!

Margaret said...

I am so happy and excited for yall. Nothing can prepare you for the love of a sweet son. You will find out tomorrow when you see him for the first time! Sending love and prayers! Cant wait to "meet" Wheeler. and good gracious Sipsey is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

so exciting!! can't wait to see pics and see all about. we will be praying for a safe and healthy baby and delivery!

Anonymous said...

so exciting!! can't wait to see pics and see all about. we will be praying for a safe and healthy baby and delivery!

Morgan Sport said...

EXCITING!

Shelley Nicholls said...

WOW! Can't wait to see pictures. Allen said he will call Ben today.

Natalie said...

Yay Lauren! So exciting. Bennett did the same thing with both pregnancies...got/gets very attached to things and is all up in my lap and SWEET. They know what's up... ;)