Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

We had a fun Memorial Day weekend! We started out by visiting the Pepper Place Saturday Market. It was a rainy day but we went anyway and came back with new potatoes, bush beans, eggplant, cucumbers, and tomatoes. After Sipsey's afternoon nap, we played outside with the neighbors in their pool. Then Ben, Anna, and Elle came for dinner. We had Pioneer Woman's Marinated Flank Steak (read about the marinade in Part 1 here), Pioneer Woman's Restaurant-Style Smashed Potatoes, Ben Beck's green beans, and Anna Barron's apple cobbler. Y'all, it was delicious. I haven't eaten that much in a long time. I would HIGHLY recommend the smashed potatoes. They were very easy and a crowd pleaser. I think the meal was the highlight of my weekend! We spent the rest of the weekend playing in the pool in the front yard, relaxing and remembering the reason we were able to take a day off from work!


SayCheese1



SayCheese2



SayCheese3



Margot&Sipsey
The best picture I could get of these two sweet girls. I caught Sipsey on the tail end of her "Cheeth."


Hiney
I couldn't resist a picture of that cute little hiney.


Popsicle



Hydrangea
I had to throw in this photo of our french hydrangea. Our flowers are beautiful right now.


Elle&Sipsey1
Sipsey and Elle got to take a bath together! They had so much fun!


Elle&Sipsey2
I love this picture of these girls looking at each other.


3 comments:

Erin said...

LOVE her suit! and that little bottom :)

Melissa said...

Sounds yummy! Love those hydrangeas. I've been trying to figure out where I could plant some in my yard.

Anna said...

yum- reading about that meal makes me hungry! Although I don't think I ate the whole next day because I was so full! Your bath pics turned out better than mine. They weren't both looking at the camera in any of them!