We just got back from a marvelous week-long trip to the beach. Because this was Sipsey's first real time to see the beach (she was 3 months old last time), I didn't know how she would react, but she loved it! We made the mistake of taking her to see the beach after her bath the first night and she already had on her pjs. That was a big mistake. She was grabbing huge handfuls of sand and throwing them up in the air. She also loved the Gulf and ended up falling face first into a wave and loved it! As we were leaving, she said, "Bye sandbox! See you later!" I'll let the pictures narrate our trip.
Sipsey took a bath with her cousin Mark, who was thrilled.
Sunday was overcast but there was not a cloud in the sky the rest of the week. Sipsey loved smashing my sandcastles and finding seashells for me.

Mark loved the beach too.

So serious!

Sipsey took long naps with her babies.

She also loved on Mark.

She had lots of playground time (thank goodness for a playground).

Mark learned to eat sand---handfuls and handfuls of sand.

Sipsey fished with Ben. She was truly thrilled about this! Ben had just jumped in to rescue Sipsey's bow.

Learning about her first catch.

I wrapped Sipsey up like a mummy after pool time and she fell face first into the asphalt with no arms to break her fall. I can't believe she didn't lose any teeth!

We also caught fish in the Gulf.

Sipsey is so proud of her "pish!"

Sipsey rediscovered Gerber Lil Crunchies. She ate Mark's entire can.

The beach makes me hungry!!!

We saw a pirate ship that fired a cannon. I halfway expected the Goonies to swim ashore.

We also had tea parties in the pool everyday.

We sure wish we lived closer than over 5 hours away!




8 comments:
Love LOVE this post!!!! Wonderful pictures and she looks adorable in that blue bathing suit and sunglasses!!!
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed these pictures. I love all of Sipsey's little swimsuits, especially the one with the matching sunglasses! I am also amazed at how much Sipsey and Mark look alike! wow!
Glad you had such a nice trip!!
i was going to say the SAME things! LOVE her adorable swimsuits, & she & her cousin look SO much alike!!! looks like your trip was so great!!!! :)
fun trip!!! I love those sunglasses!!! she is too cute!
Beautiful pictures! Made me want to be at the beach RIGHT NOW, SO BAD!!! Glad ya'll had a great trip!
So fun...I can't wait for our trip in july. She is so precious in those sunglasses...a natural beach bunny.
Fun!! I didn't even know yall went! I've always thought they favored, but the picture of Mark from the side looks just like Sips!
The Goonies! I love that movie. And I love these pictures!!! Sipsey's bathingsuits are precious. Be glad you are only 5 hours away. We're making a 9 hour drive very soon!
Post a Comment