Thursday, May 14, 2009

Graduation

I graduated with my Master of Public Health in Epidemiology on Thursday, May 7! My mom and grandmother (Dad's mom) came up to help me celebrate. Ben and Sipsey came along as well. Some may think we're crazy for bringing a 17 month old to a graduation ceremony, but she's been with me through my entire time in graduate school, so I really wanted her to be there. I'm so happy to be done with this chapter of my life. I started the program 5 months pregnant with Sipsey and now she's almost a year and a half! I can finally spend time with Ben and Sipsey without worrying about studying for tests and without writing papers after Sipsey goes to bed and on the weekends. God has provided so well for us during my time in graduate school with a new baby and the loss of my Dad. Now I'm praying that He will provide me with a job! Anyone need an epidemiologist?


Sipsey in the lobby. Notice the B-O-W in her H-A-I-R. Shhhhh...don't let her hear you talking about it. She'll pull it out!



Sipsey and me after graduation. Please excuse my matted curls on top. Those caps are not for people with curly hair (I don't really think they're for people with straight hair either!).



Ben, Sipsey, and me. Family photos are tough to get these days.



Mom, Sipsey, Granny, and me


Granny and me. Thanks for coming up to watch me gra-gee-ate!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so excited for you! I know it is just such a relief to be finished

The Jernigan's said...

YAY for "Curly Top!"

Anna said...

yall are too cute! So glad you are finished!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! I know you are sooo glad to be through! I had been wondering when graduation would be. Is there any chance of staying on at the JCHD? On the Vera Bradley bag, yes my picture makes it look MUCH better....I like it in my picture, just not in person!

Lydia said...

Congratulations! :-)

Katie B said...

Congratulations!!!!!! That family picture is really funny! And don't worry I want mention the Bow.

Abby Euten said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! We're SO proud of you-way to go!! Also, Ella was the same way about the bow...we couldn't talk about it! I always hated for people to say, "Oh, I love your bow", nice, yes, but then out it came!

Jillian and Matt said...

Congratulations Lauren! What an accomplishment...I don't know HOW you did it with a child! Also, maybe I'm a dumbie, but what exactly does an epidemiologist do?

Courtney said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! We really need to find a time for a play date...what are you up to this summer?

Katy said...

Congrats!!! That is wonderful news, your little girl is soo cute :) I know you hear this all the time, but what a "daddy's girl" she is! :)

katy

Donna Lewis said...

CONGRATULATIONS LAUREN! I know you are so happy to be finished. You went through a lot while you were in school, but know you can reap the rewards. I love all the pictures.
Love you lots!
Aunt Donna