Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Gameplan

Here's the plan, or as much of a plan that you can have with childbirth: The doc said on Monday that in her opinion, she does not think the baby is going to come on her own. I guess by this stage in pregnancy and with a baby of this size, something should have happened by now. So I'm going to wait it out over the weekend, but if I haven't gone into labor, I have an induction scheduled for Tuesday, December 18. So I see the light at the end of the tunnel (I hope it's not an oncoming train!).

If I end up having to be induced, we will go to the hospital at 5:30-6:00 AM (UGH!) and fill out paperwork, get admitted, and start an IV, etc. and wait for the doctor to get there at 7:30-7:45 (which probably means 8:30). Then she'll wave her magic wand and make a baby appear! That's how it works, right?

So that's where we stand right now. I plan on doing some last-minute baby preparations this weekend. Maybe going shopping will start labor! OH I JUST REMEMBERED! The WHEELMOBILE is going to be in Birmingham this weekend at the Galleria. I keep telling Ben that I want to go to audition for Wheel of Fortune if the baby hasn't come. He's thinks I'm joking but I secretly really want to go (not so secretly anymore I guess)! Anybody want to go with me? I bet there would be some real enthusiastic goofballs there and I can't compete with that. But I bet they'd call me up if they knew how pregnant I was! That would make for an interesting audition!

I'll get Ben to update the blog if I go into labor. He can get to his office at work from UAB Maternity without even walking outside, so I'm sure he'll have the opportunity to let everyone know!

4 comments:

The Jernigan's said...

You have GOT to go to the wheel mobile. My Mom will go with you is Ben wont. She LOVES that show and says she wants to be on it. hahaahahaa.

Anna said...

omg I just told Ben that I wanted to go to the wheel mobile...and I told him that I knew YOU would go with me! ha! Let's go...they will definitely pick you if they know you are about to pop! Maybe the excitement will start labor! I am waiting anxiously by the phone. I have already asked off for the 18th incase you have to be induced. Maybe I should spend the night with you the night before to be sure you get to the hospital on time! ha!

Unknown said...

Good luck Lauren! By now, you should be in labor, so I hope to hear something soon!

Anonymous said...

Pops says this is the most beautiful
baby - ever. The mother and dad did
a wonderful job in the delivery room.
They will also make the best parents
Sipsey could ever hope for.

My wish for them is that this baby
gives the same happiness,joy,and
making me so proud every day of my
life that Lauren always has and the
same that Ben has done since becoming
a part of this family. POPS