Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter egg hunt and my birthday

Those words together will always remind me of my Easter egg hunt birthday party (can’t remember what age) where I did NOT find the golden egg and pouted the rest of the party! I will have to find those photos because I had my bottom lip poked out in every single one! My mom still to this day laughs at me about it, but I still think they should have told the birthday girl where the golden egg was! If Sipsey were in the same situation, I would tell that sweet girl where the golden egg was hidden! I was definitely a sore loser that day.


Moving on….last Sunday was my birthday and our church’s Easter egg hunt. After church, we headed to a local duck club for the egg hunt. We were treated to a delicious lunch and then the hunting began. Sipsey loaded up with eggs and the big kids were even giving theirs to her! It was a much different picture than I had envisioned in my head of egg stealing and fighting over candy.

egghunt1
After I set Sipsey up at the table to eat (she's in the pink bow), she told me to go away!


egghunt2
Running to show Mommy her stash.


egghunt3
Best picture I could get of these two with their sun-sensitive eyes.


egghunt4
It was a bit windy that day.


That afternoon, one of Ben’s coworkers invited us over for steaks and baked potatoes for my birthday! Their son had a birthday earlier in the week, so it was for him too, but I still appreciated being treated so nicely on my special day! The girls played outside until dinner was served. Sipsey loves this place because they have a swingset, a Barbie Jeep, bubbles, and oodles and oodles of toys and Barbies!



bday1


bday2




The day before my birthday, Sipsey helped Ben plant some tomato plants. This is the first year that I think she has ever cared about planted flowers and vegetables. With a few beach toys and some potting soil, she was busy for about an hour! Too bad she wasn't quite dressed appropriately!


bday3


bday4


bday5


Baby boy is doing well. I'm over halfway done! He moves a lot more than Sipsey did. He doesn't even weigh a pound yet, so I'm nervous about hard he will be kicking and punching when he weighs 5, 6, and 7 pounds!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Ahh I love seeing you write baby boy. When do we get to hear his name?? And Sipsey couldn't be any cuter. Neither could you. I'm sure you continue to look slim all during pregnancy. Tall genes must be nice! Happy Birthday btw! Makes me think back to all the spring bday celebrating we did at AU. What fun memories!

Melissa said...

Looks like so much fun! Too funny about Sipsey wanting you to go away while she ate with the big kids. Luke is the same way! Church, family reunions, whatever, he wants to sit with the bigger kids, and so far they have always watched out for him. And you, my friend, look GREAT! Happy Easter!

Anna said...

I think I see a little bump in the pic of you and Sipsey!! Cute! I can't wait to see it in person in a couple of weeks!