Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sipsey turns 3!

Having a December birthday makes it really difficult for the mom to plan a party. Having a December birthday means you can't have any fun (read: warm and outdoor) parties like an Easter egg hunt or a pool party. Having a December birthday means you get TONS of gifts and goodies all at one time during the year and no goodies the rest of the year. Sipsey is likely to start having half-birthdays in June starting this year. I know it's not about the gifts (I'm also thinking we will start adding "no gifts please" to the invitations this year as well), but for the parents and grandparents who will always give gifts, it's nice to get a little boost to the child's wardrobe in the warmer months as well.

So, now that I've gotten that off of my chest, I planned Sipsey's 3rd birthday party for the day after Christmas, which was a Sunday. I could have had it earlier in our new town, but all of 2 children that we know would have shown up. Not much fun for a three year old! Since we were in Dothan for Christmas, we had the party at my mom's house. Lots of family members came to wish Sipsey a Happy Birthday!


sipsey3_1
The food - very important


sipsey3_2


sipsey3_3
Slush punch, my absolute favorite. LOTS of sugar. A little Jello to the mix makes it nice and slushy!


sipsey3_4
Birthday girl in typical fashion


sipsey3_5
Blow out the candles! We did this part twice.


sipsey3_6
DORA PJs! How exciting!


sipsey3_7
New trick is blowing her hair out of her face. She would not have hair in her face had she not cut a huge chunk out of it (did not happen on my watch!).


sipsey3_8
Let's Go Fishing has provided hours of entertainment.


sipsey3_9
Her very first dress-up dress!


sipsey3_10
Party favors


sipsey3_11
Happy Birthday Sips!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy bday sipsey!! lauren, you look beautiful

Margaret said...

Totally agree with yiu about dec bdays (cope is 5 days after cmas). Precious party and you always have her bows done so perfectly. Simms' always look so messy!

Melissa said...

I LOVE that picture of her blowing out the candles! That is a great picture of you & Sips & your mom & Mark. You and your mom look so much alike!

Erin said...

happy birthday sipsey!! (i know natalie agrees w u on the dec birthday!)

Anna said...

I didn't know she cut her hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denise said...

I bet decembers birthdays are tough but looks like you made it perfect!

SRG said...

I told AJ that Sipsey got Dora jammies, too. She asked, "Does she wear them a lot?" I told her I didn't know, but I'd ask. I asked if there was anything else she wanted to know. Her response was, "Does Sipsey like enchiladas?"

Natalie said...

happy happy! arent dec bdays so hard??? i keep thinking we will figure them out but each year it is still MADNESS.

hope yall are doing well!