Sipsey's 18 month checkup was last Friday 6/19/09. She had a great checkup! Her height was 32.25 inches (75th %tile) and her weight was 22 lbs. 9 oz. (25th %tile). She's long and lean! Did you expect anything else? My mom told me I was always in the 97th %tile in height, so Sipsey might not be too tall, but you never know. Sipsey showed the doctor her eyes, ears, nose, teeth, chin, fingers, toes, and belly button. Isn't it great when they actually perform all their "tricks" on command? I was so proud! Sipsey got 2 shots and her updated blue form had an expiration date of 2012! She won't need anymore vaccines until she's 5! That was weird to see (and to think that one day she will be FIVE!).
Speaking of blue forms, I HATE it when they put the expiration date as the child's birth date. For example, our expiration date is 12/18/2012, which is a Tuesday. What are the chances that I will be able to schedule her appointment on that exact date (insurance won't pay if you have a checkup before your actual birthday)? Who wants to go get shots on their 5th birthday anyway? Usually they'll give a 2 week grace period, but they have done this before and I couldn't get an appointment ON the 18th. So after I had scheduled the appointment, they made me a new blue form with the expiration date of the appointment, which I had to go pick up from the doctor's office, which isn't exactly on my way anywhere. Sorry for the venting, but the young (and I assume childless) nurses do not think of these things when they are filling out the blue forms! Maybe they will read my blog because I'm too chicken to say anything in person!
Back to Sipsey...she is such a sweet little booger. It is amazing to watch her little brain at work. She "gets" things now. When she is acting ugly, I ask her if she wants a timeout, and she will stop! She knows she doesn't want a timeout (my mom jokingly says, "Timeout? How about a knock out?"). We have pictures of all our family members, and we regularly tell her who they all are. This weekend we were in Dothan and my Papa walked in the room. My mom asked Sipsey who that was and she said, "Papa!" How sweet is that? She is saying a lot, understanding even more, and just being a lot of fun (don't I say that every time?). She tells us before and after she has pooped, and she has even started pulling at her diaper and saying tee-tee. I guess I need to get serious about putting her on the potty! She loves to be outside ("side") and stands at the door CONSTANTLY trying to turn the doorknob. There is so much more, but I'll get to the pictures.
We have a local library very close to our house and go there to escape the heat (although even there, she still asks, "side?").


5 comments:
She looks long and lean.... beautiful girl.
She's so grown-up!! We need to get together! Maybe in a fridge somewhere!?
Wow! I'm so impressed with her! She is so pretty! I think she'll end up being tall and skinny like her mama. Jacob doesn't have his 18 mos checkup until 6/30. I hope he'll cooperate with the dr. as much as Sipsey did!
I envy your library trips. I haven't been brave enough to take Jacob--I can just see him running with his arm out knocking books off the shelf in the process. Ah, little boys....
She is so cute! I can't believe she is already doing all of those things! Time flies...
And if you email me your address, maybe you will get a little bow treat for Sipsey! My email is meredithmccool(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Sipsey sounds so much like Arlo when he was 18 months old! He knew about timeout (hated it) and was always asking "Side? Side?" He still hates timeouts and loves outside!
Our pediatrician doesn't do that with the blue forms. It is dated several days after his birthday. Sounds like it's pretty random what the do.
Post a Comment