So in my previous post, I said that I didn't eat snacks. I take that back. One snack that I sometimes eat is strawberries that we grow in our own backyard! Only one or two are ready to eat at one time, but it's so fun to come home and see which ones are ready to be eaten! I race home everyday to see if it is I who has won the race to eat fresh, juicy strawberries or the ever-so-sly tree rats. The thing that makes me mad is that they only eat a nibble. If you're gonna eat my strawberries, EAT THE WHOLE THING! Whenever I find a nibble, I truly contemplate eating the rest of the strawberry and avoiding the nibbled area. I don't think that a squirrel-nibbled strawberry is as bad as finding 3 bone fragments in my Milo's cheeseburger on Monday! I'm serious. Gross.
FYI, Ben and I (well really Ben) grow lots of herbs and vegetables. Because I eat few vegetables, I don't partake much in the vegetable-growing shenanigans. But I love taking care of the strawberries. We recently ate some new potatoes that we grew, and they were really yummy. This summer we will have squash, peppers, zuchini, onions, tomatoes, rosemary, mint, sage, thyme, oregano, cilantro, and parsley. Ben makes the BEST salsa, and it's even better when he makes it all from fresh home-grown ingredients! I had never grown veggies before meeting Ben, but he grew up doing this and we have so much fun with it now. Let us know if you need something this summer. Beck Urban Farm will be glad to share our harvest (except for my strawberries ;))! Here are some recent pics of Sipsey, as I'm sure no one is really interested in my selfish strawberry stories!


5 comments:
Look at you and your little garden. I'm so impressed...I can't even keep a fern alive. Shay and I are so proud to have live flowers much less produce! Sipsey is a beautiful child. Way more hair than Mary Selwyn.
i will take the leftovers from the garden!
I am very impressed with your strawberries and that ya'll have garden. I love love love strawberries! I went last week to a little farm and bought a big basket of strawberries and I think I ate the majority of them right by myself. They were delicious and very sweet! Sipsey is beautiful, I can't wait to see ya'll, she is growing so fast. I hear she is loving daycare and I know that makes you happy! Oh, I want some of that salsa, I have heard how good it is! That deleted comment was from me. I spelled something wrong and I couldn't change it and i did't want to leave it! (haha)
I want you to post the salsa recipe please! And I want to hear more about the Milo's bones!!!
Post a Comment