Friday, November 30, 2007

2 weeks to go





Ha ha! Isn't that first picture funny! Ben calls it "the torpedo!" I was going to post a picture with my shirt down but you just don't get the full effect. I also wanted to include some pictures of the nursery. I still need to hang stuff on the walls, and I always take FOREVER to make that step. I think I could go forever without hanging things on the walls. I'm scared to commit to anything because I know as soon as I do, I'll find something cuter that needs a different/bigger/smaller hole and then you have to make a mess and drag out all the leveling and picture-hanging junk all over again. Anyway, I was extremely pleased with how her furniture turned out. Her crib is my favorite. I included a picture of the detailing on each end. I love it!

I went to the doctor again on Wednesday and there's no great story to tell. She said I'm about 1 1/2 cm dilated, which is really nothing. I could stay that way for days or weeks or I could have the baby over the weekend. You never know. She did, however, want me to go ahead and make a decision about what to do if the baby doesn't come on her own by a certain date. Because they think she is so big, she needs to come earlier, rather than later. I think my decision is going to be that if she doesn't come on her own by the 18th, we'll schedule an induction. My doctor works all day on the 18th, so she'll be there to deliver. I don't particularly like planning an induction, but if she doesn't come on her own, we must have a backup plan so nothing traumatic happens. It's dangerous to go past 41 weeks anyway (Dec. 20 in my case), and because she probably weighs a lot anyway, we'd like her to be growing outside of my body instead of inside, as my doctor put it. But hopefully she'll decide to come on her own, and we won't even have to worry about it! I go back on Monday, and I'll get another update on my status then.

4 comments:

The Jernigan's said...

I LOVE the first picture!!! You need to be a pregant model for sure. The nursery is adorable. I am soo excited for yall. Keeo me updated!

Anna said...

hahahha I just laughed out loud! That pic is cute!

Unknown said...

i'll actually be in town dec 18! good luck with your finals :)

thebarronfam said...

The nursery is adorable. I can't wait to meet the little one!